We may amend this policy from time to time.A reference to ‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘our’ is a reference to Lewis King Blumberg and its associated entities.
Kinds of personal information held
We only collect personal information that is necessary for us to perform our functions. The information about you which we may collect includes:
- your name, address, occupation and contact information; and
- other personal information you may disclose to us when you give us instructions or request another service from us or that is contained in communications between us and you.
Where relevant we may ask you for other information, for example qualifications and employment history if you are applying for a position with us.
We usually collect personal information in the following ways:
- directly from you or when you provide information by email, including via our website or in documents;
- from third parties, such as from your business associates or your employer; and
- from publicly available sources.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
We only use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected and related purposes, including to:
- provide our services to you, our clients and other service providers, to manage and account for the services and to improve the services;
- manage our relationship with you, our clients and other service providers;
- provide you, our clients and other service providers with information about legal developments, events or other products or services that may interest you or them;
- facilitate our internal business operations, including our legal requirements.
We may disclose personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, and also:
- subject to our professional obligations, to any person where necessary or desirable in connection with our provision of legal services, such as our clients, regulatory authorities, or other partners or advisors (whether in Australia or overseas);
- on a confidential basis to external service providers so they can provide financial, administrative or other services in connection with the operation of our business;
- as required by law subject to our professional obligations, as permitted under the National Privacy Principles;
- with your consent.
No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access to personal information
You may request access at any time to personal information we hold about you. We may charge you a fee where access is provided. We may refuse to provide access if the National Privacy Principles allow us to do so.
This policy applies to all users of this website.
If you have any questions or feedback about privacy, or the way in which we handle your personal information, you may contact us in the following way:
Phone: +61 2 8257 3444 (ask for our Privacy Officer)
Fax: +61 2 8257 3495
Lewis King Blumberg Pty Limited
Level 16, 9 Castlereagh Street
Sydney NSW 2000